Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), has been approved for another four years (2016-2020) to impart skilling to 10 million youth of the country
1. Short Term Training Guidelines
The Short Term Training imparted at PMKVY Training Centres (TCs) is expected to benefit candidates of Indian nationality who are either school/college dropouts or unemployed.
RSDC’s affiliated training providers have started NOS based training programs, the 60% content of these training cover the practical aspect and 40% theory, across various job roles in the rubber sector, across the country. These trainings are focused on developing hands on skills for the trainees, through theoretical and practical sessions, complemented with on-the-job trainings.
2. Recognition of Prior Learning Guidelines
Individuals with prior learning experience or skills shall be assessed and certified under the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) component of the Scheme.
In an initiative to recognize the skill acquired by people already working on the shopfloors, a re-skilling program called Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) has been introduced. RSDC assesses and certifies these people who have acquired the industry skill through on-the-job learning but lack a formal education degree. This re-skilling program has been structured and aligned to the NOSs created by RSDC.
About the PMKVY RPL Scheme
• Individuals with prior learning experience or skills shall be assessed and certified under the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) component of the Scheme.
• RPL aims to align the competencies of the unregulated workforce of the country to the NSQF.
• It will enhance the career/employability opportunities of an individual as well as provide alternative routes to higher education
• The RPL trainings are conducted at the industry shopfloors, where the candidates are sensitized on domain, soft skills and safety aspects, with mandatory 12 hours orientation.
• PIAs may propose Bridge Course of 60-80 hours duration based on the core NOSs of the Job roles, if required.
• On successful completion of RPL, the candidates are awarded with marksheet, Nationalized certificate and monetary payout of Rs. 500/-